Hiding Your Kitchen Trash Can Seamlessly
Are you ever embarrassed of how your kitchen looks when guests come over? Do you dread taking the trash out because it’s an obvious reminder that your kitchen isn’t always the most pleasant place? If this sounds all too familiar, don’t worry, there’s a way to hide your trash can while still keeping it accessible! In this article, we’ll discuss how to keep your kitchen looking its best by hiding your trash can seamlessly.
1. Out of Sight, Out of Mind: Hiding Your Kitchen Trash Can
An overflowing garbage can can be a real eye sore, not only to yourself but also to visitors who come over for dinner. So, why not hide it away to make sure it’s out of sight, and out of your guests’ minds? Here are some great tips and tricks for seamlessly hiding your kitchen trash can:
- Behind cabinets: Mount your trash can behind one of the cabinets near the sink, so that it’s hidden yet still easy to access. Make sure you clean it regularly, so the odors in the can don’t spread.
- Under the sink: This is the most common way to hide your kitchen trash can. You can store bulk items and garbage bags in the front, and the can and other items in the back.
- Island cart: If you have an island in your kitchen, get a cart with both a trash can compartment and storage area. The storage area can stay mostly empty, or can contain bulk items, such as glass jars and cans.
- In cabinets: This is a great option if you have a small space and need to save space. Simply place the can on the bottom of the cabinet, and then place some large items in front of it to hide it.
No matter how you choose to hide your kitchen trash can, make sure to clean it regularly and use a lid to keep pesky pests and odors out. You can also consider investing in eco-friendly rubbish bins to help reduce your environmental footprint.
2. Creative Ways to Make Your Trash Can Disappear
Making your kitchen trash can disappear doesn’t have to be difficult. By implementing a few creative solutions in your kitchen, your trash can can be easily hidden and out of sight:
- Add a cabinet-style storage bin: This is a great way to keep your trash can hidden while still having easy access to it. You can either add a larger cabinet with room for the bin, or customize one with the bin built in.
- Install a pull-out trash can: This option is very easy to install and use. It’s also possible to customize the size and design to best fit your kitchen storage needs.
- Mount a sliding panel: If you want to keep your trash can completely hidden, a sliding panel or door is the way to go. Attach the panel to a track that’s installed along the side of the cabinet, and you can easily access the bin whenever you need it.
- Conceal it behind a curtain: If you want a more decorative way to hide your trash can, a curtain is a great option. You can hang a curtain along the side of the cabinet and simply open it when you need to throw something away.
These are just a few of the creative ways to make your kitchen trash can disappear. With so many options, you can find something that works for your space and suits your design needs.
3. Tips for Making Your Trash Can Seamless in Your Kitchen Décor
1. Opt for a Sleek Design. Choose a trash can with simple design lines at its disposal. Contemporary and minimalist shapes and colors will sit nicely and blend in with the rest of the kitchen décor, making the trash can less intrusive in the space.
2. Camouflage the Garbage Can. You can disguise the garbage can even further by placing it in a cupboard or under the sink. You can make the area very functional by adding a pull-uot drawer or a shelf system that conceals the trash can.
3. Make It Accessible. When choosing items for your kitchen, opt for pieces that allow for easy access to the garbage can. A bench or kitchen island with storage, for example, could be a great solution since you can have paneling that easily lifts when the trash can needs to be filled up.
4. Enclose It. If you don’t feel comfortable with either of the solutions above, you can always contain the trash can. Enclosing the bin in a box or by covering it with a sheet will help keep the kitchen looking coordinated and fresh.
5. Replace the Trash Can. Finally, if the above ideas aren’t for you and you still feel like your trash can is taking over, you can replace it entirely. Invest in a smart solution such as a stainless steel recycling bin for your kitchen. This will add an element of sophistication and still keep things inside the bin without being overly visible.
4. Clever Places to Stash Your Kitchen Trash Can
When the kitchen trash can is out in the open, it can be an eyesore. Not to mention that it’s just one of the many things that make your kitchen feel cluttered. Here’s a few ways you can hide your trash can:
- Behind a door – Place it behind a door near your kitchen sink. Position the can so that you can open the door and the lid to the trash can simultaneously.
- Under the sink cabinet – Make sure this isn’t too obtrusive and it won’t be in the way. Many have drawers designed for easy access to a trash can, but you can customize accordingly.
- In a built-in pantry – Install a built-in pantry that doubles as a place to store all your dry foods, as well as your trash can. It’s a great way to keep the can out of sight but easily accessible when needed.
- In a rollout bin – An easy option is to get a rollout bin or cabinet just for the trash. There are a variety of designs and color options available to match any kitchen. Open it up and you have your own built-in trash can.
- In a freestanding cabinet – If you’re low on space, use a freestanding cabinet that doubles as a trash can. Choose one that has wheels to make it easy to roll it around when needed.
Choose a storage option that suits your kitchen best and keep your space looking neat and tidy. With a few simple solutions you can successfully hide your kitchen trash can.
5. Finding a Home for a Kitchen Trash Can Without Making It a Centerpiece
Most kitchens contain a trash can, so they have to be stored somewhere. If you want them to be out of sight, there are a few tactics you can use:
- Create a false cabinet: Utilize the space inside a cabinet or cupboard to create a false cabinet, big enough to contain your trash can. Just make sure you still have enough space for your dishes!
- Install by the sink: If you have enough counter space, you can keep your trash can right next to the sink, covered up by a cutting board or lid. This way, you can easily access it without having to look at it.
- Sliding drawers: Sliding drawers located underneath a counter make good spots for storing a trash can. This is a great solution if you’re short on cabinet space and don’t have enough room for a false cabinet.
- Hidden corner: Create a hidden corner, behind the cabinets, to store your kitchen trash can. Use furniture that blends in with the rest of the kitchen, like a dresser or a bookshelf, and cover it up with a curtain or a sliding door.
Remember that it doesn’t have to be an eyesore that disrupts the overall look of your kitchen. With a little bit of creativity and planning, you can hide your kitchen trash can and keep it out of sight.
With the right knowledge and effort, you too can have a hidden kitchen trash can that’s as efficient as it is stylish! Hopefully our advice has given you some guidance on how to make your kitchen look great while efficiently hiding your trash can.