Quick and Easy Microwave Garlic Peeling
Peeling garlic can be a tedious task, and sometimes you just don’t have the patience for it. But hey, cooking doesn’t have to be hard! Here is an amazing hack that takes only a few steps and is sure to make garlic-peeling quick and easy. You can do the entire process in the microwave with no mess and no fuss. Learn more about this great hack in this article!
1. Garlic Peeling Made Simple
We all love garlic but nobody likes the tedious task of peeling it. But what if you are able to peel garlic in no time? Here’s how works!
- First, take your garlic bulbs and cut off the top.
- Place the bulbs in a microwave-safe bowl and pour in enough water to cover all of the garlic.
- Cover the bowl with a plate and microwave it for 2 minutes.
Once done, take the bowl out of the microwave and carefully remove the plate. You will see that the skin of the garlic has now softened and almost come off.
- For the last step, separate the cloves and use your fingers to gently remove the skin.
- If the skin does not come off easily, you can microwave for an additional 30 seconds.
This is it! You’ve just peeled garlic in the most simplest way. Enjoy!
2. Goodbye Garlic Hassle, Hello Easy Peeling!
The great thing about microwave garlic peeling is that it makes it much easier to prepare garlic for cooking. Here are two benefits of switching to microwave garlic peeling:
- No mess: There’s no need to mess around with a bowl of hot water, a spoon, a declawing device, or a lot of peeling. Just pop the garlic in the microwave and it’ll be ready to go.
- No hassle: You don’t have to wear gloves to protect your skin from contact with garlic. All you need to do is put the garlic in a dish and put it in the microwave. Then, when it’s done, it’s ready to be used in whatever dish you’re making.
So, say goodbye to your old-fashioned garlic peeling hassle, and say hello to an easier, more efficient microwave garlic peeling method!
3. Kick Coffee, Step Up to Microwave Peeling
Knowing how to quickly and easily peel garlic in the microwave is a lifesaver and makes prepping meals so much faster. Here are three ways you can kick your coffee routine and step up to peeling garlic with your nod to microwaving.
- Tools: You don’t need to have any special tools. Just use a microwave-safe bowl, some parchment paper, and a few cloves of garlic.
- Timing: For soft- and medium-skinned garlic, place the cloves in the bowl along with the parchment and microwave for 20 seconds. For hard-skinned garlic, microwave for 30 seconds.
- Cleansing: Once the garlic is softened, you can start gently rubbing between your fingers to remove the outer skin. You can also use a slim kitchen knife or garlic peeler if you prefer.
Using the microwave gives you the freedom to control the time and intensity of the heating, so you can make sure that you don’t over or undercook the garlic, giving you perfect soft cloves every single time.
4. What You Need for Fast, No-Fuss Peeling
Want to peel garlic fast and on the cheap? This 4-step method requires minimal effort and guarantees no-fuss results! All you’ll need for quick-as-lightning peeling are:
- A microwave
- Garlic cloves
- A bowl
- Stable surface
Pop your garlic cloves in the microwave-safe bowl and give them a quick zap on full power. It should only take 15-30 seconds depending on the power of your microwave. Don’t take your eyes off the bowl and keep your hand nearby just in case the cloves begin to jump. After a couple of seconds, open the door and move the cloves around with a wooden spoon.
Once you hear a faint steam coming off the cloves, take them out and put the bowl to rest on a stable surface. The cloves should be warm, loose and easy to peel off the skin. Work quickly and keep your fingers safe from the sharp, microwaved edges. Voila! The peels should come off with minimal effort. Go on, give it a whirl!
5. Here’s How to Peel Your Garlic in Just Minutes
Thanks to the microwave, peeling garlic is now a far quicker and easier job. All you need is a microwave, a few cloves of garlic, and a bowl or cup. Here’s what to do:
- Add the garlic to the bowl or cup: Pop three to four cloves of garlic into your microwave-safe bowl or cup.
- Pour a little water: Add a tablespoon or two of water to the garlic.
- Cover the bowl or cup: Use the plate or lid that came with your bowl or cup to cover it.
- Microwave it: Heat the garlic for one minute on high power.
- Let the garlic sit: Once microwaved, wait three to four minutes for the garlic to cool to room temperature.
Using these simple steps, you can now peel garlic in just minutes. The garlic skin can easily be removed by gently squeezing it with your fingers. Plus, the cooked garlic has a mellower flavor than raw garlic. Enjoy!
6. Make Peeling Garlic Easier with a Few Simple Tips
Are you looking for a way to quickly and easily peel garlic? If so, then look no further than using a microwave. Microwaving garlic for a few seconds is one of the fastest and most convenient methods to peel garlic. Here are a few simple tips to help you make peeling garlic easier:
- Use dry garlic: Most of the time, dry garlic is easier to peel than wet garlic. If you don’t have access to dry garlic, you can dry out wet garlic by microwaving it for about 15-20 seconds.
- Place garlic in an oven-safe container: Make sure the garlic is spread out in such a way that it is evenly exposed to heat. This will ensure that all of the garlic is evenly cooked in the microwave.
- Microwave for 10-20 seconds, depending on the size of the cloves: Remember to start in short intervals and test the cloves after each. You want to avoid over-cooking the cloves, otherwise they will lose their flavor and texture.
- Let cool: Once you’ve taken the garlic out of the microwave and it is cool enough to handle, the cloves will easily slip out of the skin.
By following these tips, you will be able to quickly and easily peel garlic and get the most flavor out of your dish. Enjoy!
7. The Bottom Line – Spice Up Mealtime with Simple, Quick Peeling
1. Garlic is an essential aromatic in many kitchens, imbuing savory dishes with its unique flavor. Unfortunately, removing the papery, bitter skin can be a time-consuming process.
2. , greatly speeds up the process. All you need to do is position the cloves on a dish, pour a tablespoon of water, cover with a lid, and microwave for 30 seconds.
3. The skin will easily slide away from the cloves, and you will experience a significant time saving. The method also works with other bulbs, such as onions.
4. But remember to take precautions so that the steam does not burn your hands. It is important to use heat-resistant containers and oven mitts.
5. If you are looking for more adventurous ways to get more out of your kitchen time, try other techniques on the same line. For example:
- Putting the garlic in a container, close it, and shaking it for 30 seconds. The impact of the shells on one another will remove the skin.
- Cutting away the skin using a sharp knife.
- Boiling the garlic in a pot of water to soften the skin and increase the separation of the skin from the cloves.
6.If the task of peeling garlic skin has been delaying you from trying out new recipes, is the perfect solution. Take advantage of this simple and efficient solution to spice up mealtime. And make the most of your time in the kitchen. Well, there you have it friends! It’s super easy to peel garlic in your microwave. You can save yourself time and energy with these simple steps. Try it out and let us know how it went for you!